We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer available to work with a client in the Pacific Time Zone. Those with strong analytical skills and the proven ability to implement secure, robust, and high-availability DevOps pipelines are ideal candidates.
Great support opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer with a proven track record who enjoys using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment. This position is for a client in the Bay Area, California, but Remote candidates able to consistently work during Pacific Time Zone work hours and visit periodically should apply.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following characteristics and experience:
- Monitor daily / weekly data loads and data quality
- Load quarterly offline data loads
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to be able to resolve issues related to data loads
- Analyze technology options/feasibility; define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications
- Provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline
- Automate build & deployment processes
- Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the development lifecycle in successfully delivering best in class systems (data-mart and software)
- Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime
- Work experience with Agile/Scrum
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual
- Takes initiatives, effectively communicates/works with business stakeholders
- 4+ years demonstrable experience in DevOps
- Experience working closely with web application developers on ground-up software projects
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work with clients and colleagues by phone and email in situations where clear communication is critical; strong English verbal and written skills are required.
- Expert knowledge and experience with software version control systems: SVN, GIT (GitHub/Gitlab), etc
- Hands-on in scripting languages, Python and RDBMS (Postgres, Teradata) skills
- Experience maintaining automated CI/CD systems such as Jenkins or alternatives (ideally with GitOps workflows)
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) on Linux VMs (e.g. Puppet or Ansible)
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather then do things manually
- Familiarity with tools for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
- UNIX and Linux system administration experience: ssh, monitoring processes, attaching storage, cleaning disk space, tailing logs, etc.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
- Experience with Terraform with AWS and/or GCP a plus
- Working knowledge of containerization (Docker) and supporting technologies experience a plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like VMWare a plus
- Knowledge of web servers and load balancers like Apache HTTP Server, Apache Traffic Server, Nginx a plus
- Tableau views and data source development experience a plus
- Essbase views and cube (OLAP) development experience a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare package with vision and dental
- Vacation / PTO
- Retirement plan
- Support for your continued learning and professional development
- Hardware and software
- Headquarters in the center of Oakland, CA, close to BART
- Comfy office space in Cupertino, CA
Beez contribute in all the ways they want and can. Beezwax is committed to professional growth, and encourages Beez to develop new ways to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward to hearing from you!