Oakland, CA or Bay Area, CA
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager / Bookkeeper who is familiar with the dynamics of a small software development/technical consulting firm. The ideal applicant should be proficient in QuickBooks Online, Excel, Word, and comfortable working with FileMaker Pro databases. The position reports directly to the Admin and Operations Manager. Many of our staff work remotely, so we’re looking for someone who’ll be comfortable and experienced working with a partly distributed workforce.
The position requires someone with impeccable attention to detail, experience with day to day bookkeeping and accounting, and report generation.
Working for Beezwax is fun, creative, and challenging. We are looking for someone exceptional, who will become an integral part of the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performs data entry and imports of all transactions into QuickBooks Online, and ensures transactions are categorized/coded correctly.
- Reconciles accounts and books monthly, and ensures books are consistent with other sources of financial data.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for management review. Provides accompanying notes on any out-of-the-ordinary deltas between periods.
- Tracks cash flow, reimbursements, disbursements and commissions.
- Prepares end of year books and reports for outside accounting firm in support of annual income tax filings. This requires sourcing data from multiple systems and generating both standard and custom reports.
- Manages multiple state and city sales and business license tax calculations and submissions.
- Makes journal entries and other corrections to the accounts as needed.
- Provides primary support to and performs the accounts payable (AP) function including reviewing and processing vendor and staff expense claims, ensuring all required documentation is submitted and maintained and AP is processed consistently with financial policies and procedures.
- Responds to AP-related inquiries from vendors, service providers, staff, financial institutions and governmental regulatory agencies.
- Maintains vendor and contractor W-9 records and prepares, processes, and distributes 1099-Misc Income tax information and forms annually.
- Maintains business insurance information, including being primary contact with the broker, tracking policy renewals, providing certifications to clients, and presenting quotes and changes to management.
- Fulfills software license purchases for customers in coordination with the product and account management teams.
- Enters and maintains accurate administrative records in electronic and paper form, including database and financial records, and various program/administrative files. Ensures compliance with storage requirements and records retention schedule.
- Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative or statistical reports.
- Provides general department and company administrative support as needed; acts as back-up for other team functions.
- Two to four years of experience in a similar position
- Have a flare for numbers, works well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity and comfort working with FileMaker preferred
- Familiar with working on Mac OS systems.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Competitive compensation, including a retirement plan and an excellent healthcare package with vision and dental.
- Two main Bay Area offices full of friendly people: one in the center of Oakland (near BART) and one in the heart of Cupertino.
- Support for employee productivity and continued learning in the forms of hardware, software, learning materials, training, and conferences.
Beez contribute in all the ways they want and can. Beezwax is committed to professional growth, and encourages Beez to develop new ways to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward to hearing from you!