TBD Let us know if you’re interested in this training; we will follow-up when we set the schedule.
Data is the life blood of every FileMaker solution. And there are many different ways to input data into solutions. One of common ways is of manual data entry. Manual entry can be tedious and time-consuming. Another very common way is to import data from excel spreadsheets.
In this one-hour training master class, we will focus our attention on imports in general and with a heavy emphasis on excel. If you have users who need to do this as a common task and your users are connected to your solution over a WAN we’ll show you how you can dramatically improve imports. We’ll also show you ways you can provide instant feedback to your users if something went wrong and validate the data before you allow into your core tables.
We’ll cover the following:
- How to configure the FileMaker server to allow it to perform Imports on the server
- How to validate the column headers of your import
- How to validate data before it is moved into your core tables
- How to build an interface for your users to upload excel files to the server
- FileMaker 19 changes to import script step